On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Half of $50 Dollars


In September of 2000, my Mum and Step Father Mick were visting here in California. While at a bar having drinks with Mick, we were talking about me going back to Australia and visiting again. So he pulls out an Australian 50 Dollar bill. He asks the bartender for a pair of scissors. He cuts the 50 in half and gives me half and keeps the other half for himself. And he tells me that when I go back to Australia, bring my half of the 50 with me. And when I get there, we will tape the two halves together and go straight to the pub. Its been almost 6 years that we have both been holding on to our halves, and in 5 days we will drink $50 worth of Australia's best beer (XXXXGold).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home