On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Seafood

Its been nearly two years since I have had seafood. For the last 5 or 6 years I have been cutting back but one day I decided not eat any seafood at all, ever again. The initial reason was all fish stock across the world are declining faster and faster and there is less than 10% of large predatory fish left since they estimated in 1960. But now we are finally learning that the fish that are left now have extremely high levels of mecrury.

There are lots of pocketsized seafood guides that tell you which fish are less harmful to the enviroment to eat. But what they dont tell you is how toxic those fish actually are to you. If you eat seafood fill out this calculator and see how much mercury poisoning you have. And thats just the mercury levels you are injesting. Other fish like farm raised salmon have high levels of polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs). PCBs are used in coolants, lubricants and other great products for your body.

Just something to think about the next time you go to the Sushi restuarant

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's just GREAT!!!
The only food I truely enjoy, sushi, and now I'll never be able to eat it without thinking about how I'm poisoning myself. some times I really prefer to be ignorant of the facts.
Thomas

12:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home