On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Day 1 in Cairns

We got to Cairns yesterday and it was the easiet flight here yet. Hardly seemed like 24 hours of traveling. Once we got home, Mick cooked steak and ribs on the barbie. He's a better cook than I remember. After a few beers I was out by 7pm. But woke up at 2am to watch the World Cup with Mick, it was Australia vs Brazil. But Brazil won 2-0, and as soon as it was over I went back to bed. Here's a picture of the neighborhood where my mum's house is.

The next morning we headed to downtown Cairns and saw the harbor

Close to the harbor they built a promenade with a park and swimming pool, since the downtown area of Cairns has no beaches. Only mud flats. Heres the pool area
Here you can see how close the pool is to the water. Its low tide right now and you can see the mud flats.
I just booked my first dive tomorrow. Leaving at 6:30am, will post pics when I get back

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbie. Mum. Wow, u sound like a local. Are u gonna have some vegemite? Nice pics!

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home