On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Italian Bike Night

Last night I went to the last Italian Bike Night of the year for the Orange County Ducati Club . It was held at/or rather in the parking lot in front of Gelato Paradiso down in Newport Beach. Damn good gelato and even better espresso. Seriously why does anyone go to Starbucks? Oh because there is one every 38 feet, that must be it. It cant because they think the coffee is the best. Thats like saying McDonalds has the best hamburgers because they sold 19 trillion. Think about it Starbucks, McDonalds and Microsoft are all one in the same.

Damn, I started to rant like Denny. I miss that goofy bastard. Ok back to the story.

Anyways it was another good turn out. There were about 20-25 bikes there. Most of them were Ducs, but with a few Aprilias mixed in and the token BMW. There were a lot of 749's there, mine was the only Multi there. And of course I never get tired of seeing the 999.

After the IBN, I took PCH south down to Laguna. Riding down PCH at night with my visor up, smelling the salt air, seeing the ocean, is something that wipes away every thought I have. Makes me forget the crappy week I had at work. Reminds me of why I put up with the traffic, smog, and anything negative you can think about Orange County.

Once I hit downtown Laguna, I headed up Laguna Canyon rd. Hardly anyone was on it. And the air was cold enough to really make you pay attention to everything and nothing all at the same time. It was a perfect ending to a good night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bastard misses you too, but not in THAT way.

12:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch Lost with the bastard and you won't miss him anymore.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home