On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wet Again


I haven't been diving in a little over 4 months, so I was due. A couple of days ago I went to test regulators with Scubalab. I cant tell you which regulators we tested or which ones did well, you will have to wait to see it in an upcoming issue of Scubadiving. But I can tell you, I would dive again with any of the regs we tested, any day. Well except for one...and you will have to wait and see which one.

Topside the weather was perfect. Sunny and the high 70's.




However the dive conditions were not that good. But I really needed some nitrogen loading, so I didn't mind. Water temp was 57 degrees and viz was about 10 to 20 feet, which is bad for Catalina. I spent most of my time rating the regs, but I did have some extra time to get some pics. But I did not get that many good ones because of the conditions.



Abalone - Its really nice to see them making a comeback after having them all but wiped out in the 70's and 80's.


C-O Sole - Sometimes these guys are really hard to spot along the bottom because of how well they blend in with the rocks.



Moray Eel - I always dig the way the red rock shrimp and gobys take advantage of their big ugly neighbor keeping guard.



Sheep Crab - Speaking of ugly, this is a face only a mother could love. Kind of reminds me of Denny.


After the tests we dropped the Scubalab guys off at Avalon where they were staying for all 3 days of testing. I could only do one day, so I had to head back across the channel.


Nothing beats a good day of riding, well except a good day of diving.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Garibaldi shot is amazing. Wow.

7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics! I love heading out to Catalina Island.

12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home