On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another day on the reef

Today I went out with Tusa dive which leaves out of Cairns. So it was just a short ride to the harbor and then an hour and a half to the reef. The conditions were much better today. The wind only really picked up on our way back. As soon as I dropped down on the 1st dive I saw 2 reef sharks. Only about 4 to 5 feet long, but pretty cool. Towards the end of the dive I saw 3 barracudas. They were about 3 to 4 feet long.



On the second dive after my designated "dive buddies" ran low on air after only 30 minutes. I sent them back to the boat and I finished my dive and ran into 4 reef squids. They were only about 10 inches long but hung around for a long time. Long enough for me to take 30 pictures of them and video.

Right after the squid I saw a turtle. He too didnt seem to mind me swimming with him for awhile. I hung around the turtle until I hit the dive limit of 60 minutes. I was the last one out of the water and the dive master wasnt too happy that I sent my other buddies back and kept diving. But he shouldnt of paired me with them. The buddy system should be your choice. Not forced upon you, especially with divers you dont know. I'd rather dive alone than dive with someone I dont know or trust.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home