On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Honda, a Duc, a Hog and a Beemer


One of the things that I love about riding, is that if it has 2 wheels, you can ride with it.

Last weekend I went on a ride with 3 of my good friends up to Morro Bay. All 4 of us have different bikes, different riding styles, but all of us have the love for a good ride. Even though we are not always in sight of each other while on the road, we always talk about where the next stop is and we will meet there.

On the longer straights or unfamiliar rodes I stick close to John and his Honda, while Bill with his Beemer and Tom with his Harley trail behind. But once we hit the twisties, I'm off. Head down and heart rate up. They know I'll stop at the next change in route, or I'll pull off on the side of the road and take pics of them as they ride by. Hop on my bike and catch back up to them.




It was a perfect weekend for a ride. A little cold on some parts but not too much. Hardly any traffic on the route we took. There were stretches when I was ahead of the rest of the group and I would not see another car for miles and miles. And I got the feeling, I was the only person on the road, the only motorcycle on the planet. Losing and finding myself with every inch of tarmac that blurred by me in slow motion at high speed. In short the ride was therapeutic.

No journey is perfect if it is perfect. Getting lost or some type of problem usually makes me smile and appreciate being on the road even more. We didn't get lost but my chain decided that it had had enough and it was on its last run with me. Luckily Tom carried and large enough crescent wrench with him so I could loosen the axle nut and tighten the chain. Every stop I would check the tension, and I think I had to adjust the chain 4 times over the 2 days.

Once we got to Morro Bay, JD drove up from Nipomo to have dinner with us. It was good seeing him as always. A great day of riding followed by dinner and a few beers with good friends is something that if everyone did, the world would be a better place.

Here are the rest of the pics from the trip.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home