On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Reflections in the water

When I was two I drowned
The gate was left open
I didnt know what water could do
No one knows how long I floated there
Long enough
My Dad brought me back to life
I wish I could remember that day
My family does

The next day I talked to Grandma
Told her “I want to learn how to swim,
I already know how to drown”
Logic of a two year old

Ever since, I have been in love
In love with the water
Any water
Pool, pond, lake or ocean
Better than any dream I ever had

When I was five
I scuba dived for the 1st time
In the same pool
3 feet underwater for 5 minutes
This time I can remember

Diving has taken me around the world
To places I couldn’t spell
Languages I can’t speak
Met life long friends
Some changed my life forever

Thirty odd years later I’m still wondering
What would my life be today
If I didn’t drown that day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

funny... something similar happened to me also... almost drowned, didnt like it, asked my mom, who use to be a life guard in hawaii to teach me how to swim so that i would never feel that horrible feeling of almost drowning again =( have been in luv with anykine of water since... i was 7 =)

1:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home