On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Another Track Day


Despite the wind, fires and ash that all of California had last week, Randy and I went to our 2nd track day. We booked it several months ago (thanks again Mike) and had no idea of the devastation was about to hit California the night we drove up to Lancaster. We drove right by one of the fires on Sunday night, and from the track we could see the smoke. Its hard to believe how much of California burned last week. Several of my family members had to evacuate their homes. But luckily no permanent damage and they are all safe.
The 1st time around we went thru the novice riding school and we learned a ton. This time around we just rode in level 1. Right away I noticed how much my riding has changed since the 1st time on the track back in April. It was night and day. And by the 2nd session of the day, I was getting my knees down. Something that I have always wondered how scary it would be and what it would feel like. And after you do it once, it becomes another level of addiction in the world of motorcycles.

It was a slower more relaxed pace, not having to go into class right after a riding session. But I was still trying to remember and work on everything I learned in the riding school. One thing for sure is that my lines and body position were much better since the 1st track day.

Since Mike wasn't here this time, we didn't have someone to take pictures all day. Although Randy and I both sat out different sessions to take pictures of the other person. I am still sorting thru all those. All of the pictures posted here were taken from the Brian at Cali Photography.

I will be posting more photos later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home