On the tarmac and below the surface, with a few pictures along the way.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bonaire Part 2

We finally got settled in at Capt Don's Habitat late Friday night and early Saturday morning we were up and ready to get breakfast and hit the water. After the usual dive orientation meeting the pool was open.



The 1st dive is always a monumental experience. Its the 1st dive of the trip and it was the 1st dive with my new Ikelite housing for my Nikon D-40.


For comparsion I brought along my trusty point and shoot Sony that has been on more than 200 dives with me. As you can see how much bigger and involded the D-40 is. But its worth the cost and effort. I fell in love with it the 1st time I looked the view finder and click the shutter button.



For our 1st dive we dove Capt Dons House Reef, which in my opinion is one of the best house reefs I have ever dove. In the afternoon. CP, Tom and I did a boat dive on Little Wall. Later that night we did a night dive back on the House Reef.


Saturday night the rest of the team showed up. In all we were 12 fin testers and 6 people from Scubalab and ScubaDiving Mag. Who all took time away from their families, work and everyday lives to go spend A LOT of hours underwater testing fins in the warm Caribbean waters. Its a rough job, but somebody has got to do it....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home